Long before becoming known to the world as multi-talented musical performer Lady Gaga or as Morther Monster to her millions of endearing fans, she was little Stefani Germanotta growing up in Manhattan, New York City. In 1993 when Stefani was seven years old, her parents Joseph and Cynthia Germanotta purchased an apartment at The Pythian Condominiums, where the future starlet would spend the majority of her childhood.
Lady GaGa's childhood home - the Pythian condos in New York City.
Built in 1927 and located on Manhattan's upper west side, The Pythian's Egyptian-themed facade is a real eye catcher. The Pythian, which was converted into apartments in the 1980's, is eleven-stories tall and has 88 apartments.
At twenty years old, Lady GaGa was hired by Interscope Records as a songwriter. In late 2008 Lady GaGa released her debut album The Fame, which includes the hit songs "Just Dance" and "Poker Face".
Lady GaGa's father is the owner of a Wi-Fi company in New York City.
In June 2014, Lady GaGa's parents placed the condo on the real estate market for $12,999,000 but were unable to sell it. Below are photos of the condo when it was listed.
Most Popular Celebrity Homes and Lifestyles
- Bill Burr - Los Angeles, California
- Eminem - Rochester Hills, Michigan
- Diana Ross - Greenwich, Connecticut
- Arnold Schwarzenegger - Brentwood, California
- Udonis Haslem - Southwest Ranches, Florida
- Anita Baker - Grosse Pointe, Michigan
- Stephen Sharer - Oakton, Virginia
- Drew Brees - New Orleans, Louisiana
- Judge Judy - Naples, Florida
- Barry Gibb - Miami Beach, Florida
- John Cena - Land 'O Lakes, Florida
- Stephen King - Casey Key, Florida
- Larry Bird - Naples, Florida
- Gladys Knight - Fairview, North Carolina
- Carrot Top - Las Vegas, Nevada and Winter Park, Florida
- Dave Bautista - Tampa, Florida
See our complete list of celebrity homes here.